Purchased this from Photo-Shop-Studio in Sydney to use for my woodwork photography.
I was having difficulty getting decent shots without background clutter and shop lighting is not great for photography. Not that I take a lot of photos but $95 total was not too much of an investment for a significant improvement.
The tent folds up into a small package for storage which is great and they also sell bulbs ($20 each) that can be used in a normal lamp. I will use the lamps for other work as much better than the old bulbs I used.
Looks huge when opened but only temporary; I bought the 90x90x90 as want to photograph items 60 cm wide which will be too tight for the smaller setup. Used 2 existing lamps which worked well.
First attempt using the white background; very pleased with the result.
Folding it up is like folding a band-saw blade; easy when you know how!
I found a video on YouTube but was doing it correctly anyway.
Extract from website:
This soft box/light tent is a convenient, collapsible and portable way to provide even, diffused light for photographing small and medium-sized objects.
The lightweight, folding design makes it ideal for shooting still-life in the studio or on location – extremely convenient for photographers who travel.
Made from heat-resistant nylon mesh diffusion material, it comes complete with four background cloths–red, blue, black, and white.
A simple solution to a common problem.
This light tent is suitable for:
- Jewellery photography
- Pottery/ceramics photography
- Glassware photography
- Clock photography
- Ornaments and collectables
- Soft toys and die-cast models
- Purse, wallet, wrislet, leather goods
- Hair accessories
- Bangles, cuffs and bracelets
- Necklace, chokers, chains and pearls
- Spectacles and sunglasses
- Ideal for use with Acrylic Riser Table for controlled reflections
- 90 x 90 x 90 cm (Width x Height x Length)
- Collapsed dimensions: 28 x 8 x 28 cm (Width x Height x Length)
- 1 x Light Tent
- 4 x Backdrops (Black, White, Red, Blue)